It’s time to talk about such a common problem as dry and itchy scalp.
Surely, many of you to one degree or another felt such unpleasant symptoms, and therefore we would like to understand more in detail the causes of their appearance and ways of rapid elimination. So, the topic of our today’s article is dry scalp and itches: what to do, and how to get rid of unpleasant manifestations.
Why is this happening?
Before the beginning of therapy, it is necessary to establish the cause of the unfavorable condition of the skin. Think, do not you overdo your hair too much with a hair dryer, and maybe you are choosing the wrong means to care for?
Here are the most common factors, because of which the skin on the head becomes dry and itchy:
- Frequent hot styling, which uses a curling iron or a hairdryer. Due to the constant effect on the dermis of hot air, the upper layers become insufficiently moist, the dead cells begin to peel, and constriction, dryness and itching appear. Using metal brushes or combs further exacerbates the situation;
- Reactions to cosmetics and aids. If you have picked up the wrong shampoo, or use aggressive styling compositions, apply masks that have an unusual or completely strange composition, such a scalp reaction is possible;
- Problems with the level of hormones. In addition to unpleasant sensations of the scalp, with hormonal failure, such symptoms as the appearance of acne, fragility, and peeling of the nail plates, as well as malfunctions of the menstrual cycle;
- Wrong diet. Scanty, monotonous nutrition, lack of vitamins and nutrients often affects the condition of the skin;
- Fungal lesions. Various fungi that can live on the surface of the skin, not only contribute to the development of severe dryness and itching but also often cause hair loss;
- Improper drinking regimen. In order for your body to function properly, you need to drink every day 1-2 liters of water: a smaller amount of fluid leads to rapid dehydration of the cover, the acquisition of a gray hue, flaking and increased sensitivity;
- Smoking and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Abuse of bad habits badly affects the work of blood vessels providing nutrition to the scalp. Because of this, it becomes dry and itches;
- Nutrients that are necessary for proper development, the baby gets from the mother’s body. Because of this, a deficiency of useful substances can be formed, which is accompanied by a change in the state of the skin.
Having found out the dryness of the epidermis of the scalp, stiffness, irritation, and itching, it is necessary to take urgent measures to moisturize and nourish the scalp, while eliminating the root cause of the appearance of unpleasant symptoms. Keep reading https://www.luxyhair.com/blogs/hair-blog/remedies-for-itchy-dry-scalp
While dealing with the elimination of causes, it is necessary to ensure a thorough and proper care for the skin.
If you cannot determine the cause of this condition, or the correct full and regular care does not work, be sure to visit your doctor.
Basic principles of treatment
If you think that the cause of dryness of the skin of the head is improper care or incorrect selection of funds, first of all, it is necessary to reduce to a minimum the use of such devices as hair dryer, curling iron, and ironing, and stop using the incorrectly selected shampoo, balm, and masks.
Remember – eliminating dryness is a problem that requires an integrated approach to solving. Normalize the way of life, balance your diet, get rid of bad habits – all this will help you to better restore the health of the dermis.
Be sure to visit the doctor if you suspect that there is a hormonal imbalance in your body and eliminate the manifestation of the fungus.
Of course, the best option is to resort to a trichologist, which will help you restore the scalp with ozonotherapy, mesotherapy and other effective procedures: they will quickly cope with dry skin and soothe the itching.
Do not forget about effective folk recipes that successfully cope with over dried epidermis and perfectly relieve the itch.
Very popular are moisturizing masks, which not only perfectly nourish dry skin, but also make hair thick and strong.
For its preparation, it is necessary to clean the medium sized bulb and grate it on a shallow grater. In order not to experience any unpleasant sensations, put the peeled onions in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
The resulting gruel after grinding should be wrapped in a gauze folded in 3 layers, and gently squeeze onion juice, immediately rubbing it into the epidermis.
Treat the entire scalp, cover the head with a cellophane cap and wrap it in a towel, then leave it for 50-60 minutes and rinse with a quality shampoo.
For rinsing after washing, we recommend adding 3-4 drops of essential oil to the water, this will help to eliminate a specific odor.
Many people know that the yolk is an excellent natural moisturizer and therefore perfectly copes with dry skin and itching. For cooking, mix warm filtered water in an amount of 50 ml, add 20 ml of vodka and 1 raw yolk.
Stir well the ingredients and rub for 30 minutes in the scalp, warming it with a cap and towel. Rinse with shampoo and rinse with medicinal decoction from burdock or oak bark.
This remedy perfectly moisturizes and heals the problematic dermis, restores its structure and makes the hair thick.
Mix a quarter cup of pre-warmed olive oil and 30 ml of honey, apply on the head and leave under the cap and towel for 20-30 minutes. Wash off the composition with a mild shampoo, then rinse your hair with a cool decoction of medicinal herbs.
Now you know exactly what to do if your scalp becomes dry, and the itching does not give you rest: provide hair with proper care and conduct the necessary treatment.
The results of the complex therapy will not keep you waiting and soon you will be able to forget about the troubles.
For treatment at home, your best companion will be patience – be sure to perform procedures regularly and the effect will be persistent and pronounced.
If you are interested in the health of your skin and want to know how to preserve it and multiply it, be sure to subscribe to our blog and recommend it to your friends – there is a lot of interesting and useful information ahead of you.
Be healthy and see you soon!
You may also like Choose Cosmetics for young skin: Radiance and Shine